POSITION TITLE: Low Voltage Technician/ Copper
Departmental Approval : Danny Burch
CEO,CFO, Controller Approval :
Number of Position : 4
Approx. Start Date : ASAP
Contract or Department Ref : Service
Billable or Non-Billable ($) : Billable
Low Voltage Technician, Copper
- Should be knowledgeable in cabling infrastructure for OSP/ISP installations.
- OSP Copper/Fiber/Maxcell/Innerduct installation through new and existing manholes.
- Structured cable installation (ISP/OSP), to include pulling, terminating, labeling, testing, and documentation (Cat5, Cat5e, Cat6, Cat6a) for customer and user ends.
- Pathway installation. Cable tray, ladder rack, J-hooks, etc...
- Build communication cabinets, racks, and other communication enclosures.
- Takes direction from Site Manager
- Must be able to work as a team player (working with multiple crews on a project).
- Must be able to work in inclement weather conditions.
- Accurate reporting of hours and production to the Site Manager DAILY
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Communicates effectively with technical and supervisory personnel.
- Works as part of a team to assist in the installation of fiber optics and copper cable.
- Be available to travel 10-20% and adhere to the schedule published by the Site Manager.
- Must be able to climb, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, walk, lift overhead, work at heights, walk/work in rough terrain in order to access equipment, tools, materials, and jobsite in order to complete work. Must be able to lift 70 pounds; visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity are necessary.
- High School Diploma
- Low-Voltage, Security, CCTV Experience Preferred
- BICSI Certification a Plus
- Must have a current, valid driver's license.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a security clearance if needed.
- Hiring is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug screen and background check
Low-Voltage Copper and/or Fiber Experience Preferred, BICSI Certification a plus
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: n/a
Norman, OK and OKC Metro
Based on Experience
Greater OKC Metro