POSITION TITLE: Communications Lineman
Departmental Approval : Mark Sorrells
CEO,CFO, Controller Approval :
Number of Position : 4
Approx. Start Date : ASAP
Contract or Department Ref : OSP
Billable or Non-Billable ($) : Billable
• Experience in OSP Fiber pulling installations
• Bucket truck certification is a plus.
• Knowledge of ADSS fiber cabling
• Job includes using bucket trucks to Lash and De-Lash Existing & New Cable.
• Knowledge of lashing machine.
• Prepare daily production log.
• Assist in coordinate between local utilities, when necessary.
• Meet with home or business owners to discuss client’s plans when necessary.
• Scheduling plant related activities for construction and / or maintenance.
• Submit reports on all construction activity, daily, weekly and monthly as required.
• Attend training classes for new technology and safety as required.
• Be proficient in pole climbing and working from Hooks/Gaffs.
• Willing to Travel
Hiring is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Job Requirements: Able to perform all duties of Aerial maintenance and Line work. • Install and remove various anchors systems. • Install and Remove down guy/anchor, sidewalk arms, and guy guards. • Lash and De-Lash Existing Cable. • Experience in Pole Transfer all types. • Qualified candidates will have excellent customer service, interpersonal, communications and organization. Must have the ability to work inside the power space safely. Understanding emergency restoration protocols. Health Card required to operate and drive a bucket truck. A CDL license is a plus.
Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in all aspects of Aerial, Underground construction. • Knowledge to read and understand aerial and underground drawings. Knowledge of local and state construction codes. Must have a current, valid, unrestricted driver’s license. CDL license a Plus. Health Card
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: N/A
$18.00-$28.00 per hour Based on Experience
Mark Sorrells or John Sanders