POSITION TITLE: Communications Groundman
Departmental Approval : Mark Sorrells
CEO,CFO, Controller Approval :
Number of Position : 4
Approx. Start Date : ASAP
Contract or Department Ref : OSP
Billable or Non-Billable ($) : Billable
Communications Groundman/ Laborer
• Experience in OSP Fiber pulling installations.
• Bucket trucks experience a plus.
• Job includes assisting a lineman to Lash and De-Lash Existing & New Cable.
• Knowledge of lashing machine a plus.
• Pulling on Lashing machine.
• Organizing the tools and equipment in a bucket truck
• Assist in submitting reports on all construction activity, daily, weekly and monthly as required.
• Attend training classes for new technology and safety as required.
• Become proficient in pole climbing and working from Hooks/Gaffs.
• Willing to Travel
• Making sure the bucket truck is kept clean and organized.
Hiring is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Job Requirements: Able to perform all duties of Aerial maintenance and Line work. Install and remove various anchors systems. • Install and Remove down guy/anchor, sidewalk arms, and guy guards. Lash and De-Lash Existing Cable. Qualified candidates will have excellent customer service, interpersonal, communications and organization. Health card required to operate and drive a bucket truck. A CDL license is a plus. Heavy lifting required. 10 hour work days.
Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in Aerial or Underground construction. Must have a current, valid, unrestricted driver’s license. CDL license a Plus. Health Card. Willing to Travel
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: N/A
$12.00-$18.00 per hour Based on Experience
Mark Sorrells or John Sanders
TECHNICAL INTERVIEWER: N/A